Dean of School of Material Science and Engineering, Tianjin Polytechnic University
Doctor of Philosophy, January 26, 2005, Institute of Textile and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
Master of Engineering, Febrary 26, 1987, School of Textile Chemistry, Tianjin Institute of Textile Science and Technology.
Bachelor of Science, July 16, 1984, Department of Chemistry, Nankai University.
June 10 2010-present, Dean of School of Material Science and Engineering, Tianjin Polytechnic University
November 1, 2004-June 9, 2010, Director, Professor, Institute of Functional Fibres, Tianjin Polytechnic University
March 1, 2001-October 31, 2004, Research Associate, Institute of Textile and Clothing, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
October 28, 1999-Febrary 28, 2001, General Engineer, Professor, Institute of Functional Fibres, Tianjin Polytechnic University
Febrary 28, 1987-October 27, 1999, General Engineer, Associate Professor, Instructor, Assistant Professor, Institute of Functional Fibres, Tianjin Institute of Textile Science and Technology.
Membership in Professional Organization
Vice Chairman, Industrial Textile Association of Textile Engineering Society of China
Advanced Member, Chemical Fibres Association of Textile Engineering Society of China
Advanced Member, Composite Materials Association of China
Current research interests
Synthesis and Characterization of comb-like Polymers
Fabrication and Characterization of Functional Fibers, Nanocomposite Fibers
Fabrication and characterization of micro/nano-encapsulated phase change materials
Carbon nanotube and graphene reinforced polymers
Chemical Fiber Engineering
Materials and Health
Large Scale Comprehensive Experiments
1. Jie-yun Meng, Xiao-fen Tang, Zhi-li Zhang, Xing-xiang Zhang*, Hai-feng Shi, Fabrication and properties of poly(polyethylene glycol octadecylether methacrylate). Thermochimica Acta, 2013, 574: 116-120.
2. Xiaohua Liao, Haifeng Shi*, Nan Song, Ming You, Xingxiang Zhang*, Facile Synthesis of Highly Photoactive ATO-Based Microcapsule for Solar Energy Harvesting, Science of Advanced Materials, 2013, 5(10): 1498-1503
3. Xiao-fen Tang, Wei Li, Hai-feng Shi, Xue-chen Wang, Jian-ping Wang, Xing-xiang Zhang*, Fabrication, characterization, and supercooling suppression of nanoencapsulated n-octadecane with methyl methacrylate-octadecyl methacrylate copolymer shell, Colloid and Polymer Science, 2013, 291:1705-1712
4. Hai-Hui Liu, Wei-Wei Peng, Li-Chen Hou, Xue-Chen Wang, Xing-Xiang Zhang*, The production of a melt-spun functionalized graphene/poly(e-caprolactam) nanocomposite fiber, Composites Science and Technology, 2013, 81: 61-68
5. Zhang Xuejing, Wang Jianping, Zhang Xingxiang*, Wang Xuechen, The effects of chain transfer agent (Dodecyl Mercaptan) on the morphology and thermal properties of nanocapsules containing n-octadecane, Science of Advanced Materials, 2013, 5: 254-259
6. Jie-yun Meng, Xiao-fen Tang, Wei Li, Hai-feng Shi, Xing-xiang Zhang*, Crystal structure and thermal property of polyethylene glycol octadecyl ether, Thermochimica Acta, 2013, 558: 83-86
7. Haihui Liu, Lichen Hou, Weiwei Peng, Qiang Zhang, Xingxiang Zhang*, Preparation and characterization of polyamide 6-functionalized graphene nanocomposite fiber, Journal of Materials Science, 2012, 47: 8052-8060
8. Jin Yanmei, Liu Haihui, Wang Ning, Peng Weiwei, Hou Lichen and Zhang Xing-Xiang*, Dispersibility and chemical bonds between multi-walled carbon nanotubes and poly(ether ether ketone) in nanocomposite fibers, Material Chemistry and Physics, 2012, 135: 948-956
9. Zhang Xingxiang, Meng Qingjie, Wang Xuechen, Bai Shihe, Poly(adipic acid-hexamethylene diamine)-functionalized multi-walled carbon nanotube nanocomposites, Journal of Materials Science, 2011, 46(4): 923-930
10. You Ming, Wang Xue-chen, Zhang Xing-xiang*, Zhang Li, Wang Jian-ping, Microencapsulated n-Octadecane with styrene-divinybenzene co-polymer shells, Journal of Polymer Research, 2011, 18(1):49-58